Considering surrogacy but unsure about choosing an agency or going independent? We are here to help you decide what’s right for you.
Advantages of Independent Surrogacy:
- Control Over Surrogate Selection: Choose your surrogate from start to finish, even from your personal network or online groups.
- Repeat the Process: Become an expert and repeat the surrogacy journey to grow your family.
- Cost Savings: Save money on agency fees; Surrogacy Roadmap offers an affordable, step-by-step course.
Handpick Your Team: Select your legal and medical professionals independently.
- To select a clinic, you may want to review SART.org for clinic cycle statistic reports and FertilityIQ.com for clinic and physician reviews.
- Often, your clinic will guide you in selecting a mental health provider. Additional options can be found with this link.
- For attorney selection, we recommend perusing the Academy of Adoption and Assisted Reproduction Attorneys.
Disadvantages of Independent Surrogacy:
- Coordinating Services: You are responsible for coordinating all services, which can be overwhelming.
- Hiring Professionals: While cost-effective, hiring professionals separately can add up.
Only you can decide if independent surrogacy is right for you. Research your options, and for more guidance, explore our free webinar or the Surrogacy Roadmap DIY course for a unique path to parenthood.